The spring semester is off to a fast start. I want to say thank you to sponsors, staff, students and volunteers that helped make our annual basketball tournament a huge success. Congratulations to Bowlegs Lady Bison basketball team for winning the girls’ championship. Stratford won the boys championship. Basketball state playoffs are coming up soon. Our district tournament is scheduled for February 12 and 13 at New Lima.
Due to significant state-wide budget cuts, the board of education has looked at various ways to cut costs. We will be going to a 4 day calendar for next year. The board of education has adopted this calendar for next year.
Here are a few more recent highlights from school:
- Our new high school robotics team has worked hard this year. We are really proud of their progress, as well as, our First Lego league JH team.
- Our archery team has qualified for the state meet.
- Bowlegs art students competed in ECU sidewalk chalk art competition.
- Survivor games, for our 3rd through 12th graders, are in full swing as teachers and students work together in teams to prepare for state testing and have a lot of fun along the way.
- This past week our 3-5 grade scholastic team won the team title at the Justice Interscholastic meet! What an awesome accomplishment. They beat several larger school districts. Way to go!
Most of you know our bond election is February 9, 2016. The purpose is to vote on a $230,000 School Bond Issue for the following purposes:
- Security upgrades
- Technology equipment
- Softball field lights
- Repair siding at the old gymnasium
- Purchase a school vehicle
- Repairs to the high school
Remember - No projected tax increase! Your vote counts!
We look forward to a great spring semester!